Double hung window repair in Geneva, IL
If you are a homeowner in Geneva, IL and you have double-hung windows, you know how important they are to the look and functionality of your home. Double-hung windows are the most common type of window in homes today and provide many benefits such as ease of cleaning, improved energy efficiency, and a classic look. However, as with any feature of your home, double-hung windows may require repair from time to time.
Double-hung windows are a popular and functional feature in many homes, but they may require repair from time to time. The most common issues with double-hung windows are related to sash movement, sealing, and locking. By understanding these issues and following the repair tips outlined above, you can keep your double-hung windows looking and functioning their best. If you need further assistance with double-hung window repair Geneva, IL, contuct us for a free consultation and quote.
Our repairing double-Hung windows services in Geneva, IL
- Stuck Sashes: If your double-hung window sashes are stuck, the first step is to clean the tracks where the sashes slide up and down. Over time, dirt and debris can accumulate in the tracks, making it difficult for the sashes to move. Once the tracks are clean, apply a lubricant such as silicone spray to make the sashes slide smoothly. If the sashes still do not move, the weights or springs may need to be adjusted or replaced.
- Drafts: If you notice drafts around your double-hung windows, the first step is to inspect the weatherstripping around the sashes. If the weatherstripping is damaged or worn, it will need to be replaced. Additionally, you can apply caulk around the exterior of the window frame to seal any gaps. Finally, consider adding storm windows or installing insulated glass to improve energy efficiency.
- Locking Mechanism: If your double-hung window locking mechanism is damaged, it will need to be repaired or replaced. Start by inspecting the latch and strike plate to see if they are misaligned or damaged. If the latch or strike plate is damaged, it will need to be replaced. If they are simply misaligned, adjust the strike plate or latch as needed. Finally, check the locks themselves to make sure they are functioning.
Understanding what is a Double-Hung Window
Before we get into the specific repair tips, it's important to have a basic understanding of the anatomy of a double-hung window. A double-hung window consists of two sashes, the upper sash and the lower sash, which slide up and down within the window frame. The sashes are typically held in place by sash locks, which can be released to allow the sashes to move. The window frame itself is made up of several components, including the head jamb, sill, and side jambs.
How to Get Your Double Hung Windows Repaired
Now that we have covered some common problems with double-hung windows, let's discuss how to get them repaired in Geneva, IL.
- Assess the Problem: The first step in getting your double-hung windows repaired is to assess the problem. Take a close look at your windows and identify the issues you are experiencing.
- Research Repair Companies: Once you have identified the issues with your windows, it's time to start researching repair companies in Geneva, IL. Look for companies that specialize in window repair and have a good reputation in the community.
- Schedule a Consultation: Contact the repair companies you are interested in and schedule a consultation. During the consultation, the repair company will assess the damage to your windows and provide you with a quote for the repair.
- Get the Repairs Done: Once you have received a quote, you can decide whether to move forward with the repairs. If you decide to go ahead with the repairs, the repair company will schedule a time to come to your home and complete the work.
Window Repair Near Me: Services We Provide in Geneva, IL
At our company, we offer an array of services to meet all your needs. From window repair to maintenance and installation, we've got you covered. Whether you have a broken window or a faulty one, we can fix it for you. Our experienced team of professionals has the expertise and knowledge to repair any type of window, including double-hung, casement, awning, slider, and more. Let's take a look at the services we provide:
Common Problems with Double-Hung Windows
Double-hung windows may encounter several problems, but the most common issues are related to sash movement, sealing, and locking. The sashes may become stuck, making them difficult or impossible to move, or they may fall when opened. The sealing around the window may deteriorate, leading to drafts and higher energy bills. Finally, the locking mechanism may become damaged, making it difficult to secure the window.
- Sashes That Won't Stay Up: If the sashes on your double-hung windows won't stay up, it could be due to a broken balance or spring. The balance or spring is what holds the sash up when it is opened. This problem can be fixed by replacing the balance or spring.
- Sashes That Won't Stay Down: If the sashes on your double-hung windows won't stay down, it could be due to a broken sash lock. The sash lock is what holds the sash in place when it is closed. This problem can be fixed by replacing the sash lock.
- Difficulty Opening or Closing the Window: If your double-hung window is difficult to open or close, it could be due to a buildup of dirt and debris in the tracks or channels. This problem can be fixed by cleaning the tracks or channels.
- Drafts or Air Leaks: If you feel drafts or air leaks around your double-hung window, it could be due to gaps or cracks in the frame or sashes. This problem can be fixed by sealing the gaps or cracks.
- How to Get Your Double Hung Windows Repaired: Now that we have covered some common problems with double-hung windows, let's discuss how to get them repaired in Geneva, IL.
We value our reputation and do our jobs to the highest of standards!
Always on time
We can schedule your repair to fit around your schedule. Our team works quickly to get the job done and let you get on with your day.
We offer affordable pricing on all our window repair and glass replacement services.
- Saint Charles, IL
- Surrey Woods, IL
- Batavia, IL
- Woodland Hills, IL
- Wildrose, IL
- Wildrose Valley, IL
- Spring Green, IL
- Thornley, IL
- Wenmoth Acres, IL
- Streamwood, IL
- Thornley, IL
- Lake Charlotte, IL
- Crane Road Est, IL
- Knoll Creek West, IL
- Rainbow Hills, IL
- Crane Woods Est, IL
- Middlecreek, IL
- Happy Hills, IL
- Bonnie Valley, IL
- Glendale Heights, IL
- Farmington, IL
- West Chicago, IL
- Wayne , IL
- North Aurora, IL
- Campton Hills, IL
- South Elgin, IL
- Winfield, IL
- Warrenville, IL
- Elburn, IL
- Glen Ellyn
- Aurora, IL
- Carol Stream, IL
- Bartlett, IL
- Wheaton, IL
- Elgin, IL
- Naperville, IL
- Montgomery, IL
- Sugar Grove, IL
- Hanover Park, IL
60134 Zip Code
60185 Zip Code
60510 Zip Code
60119 Zip Code